Podcasting?



Hey everyone, 

    Yesterday I released a podcast episode all about podcasting, and I thought it'd be fun to give you guys a sort of guide. I'm new at podcasting but I've learned a few things that might help you out if you're interested in creating your own podcast. 

    Let me start out with how I got interested in podcasting in the first place: In March 2020 I first discovered podcasts, my first reaction I don't remember exactly but I thought it was a fun way to be entertained, they were like TV shows but with no screen. They seemed so professional with the sound effects and  the clear voices, it never occurred to me that I could create a podcast myself. First I just listened to one podcast and after a while I found other podcasts, a year later, my friend got an idea. She wanted to created a podcast, and I was excited and wanted to created a podcast of my one, I found anchor, soon I created an account and began to podcast. 

    I did a little bit of research about podcasting before I started but I never thought my podcast through before I started which brings me to my first tip: think things through about your podcast, and experiment with different things. Maybe try scripting things out, or maybe just talking without a script works better. 5 minute podcasts might work for you, or maybe 45 minute podcasts just work better. You don't need to plan out every single detail of your podcast but try and build a base for you to further build on. Back to my story. I started podcasting and had my friend post it on her social media at first I got a few views, but I was so excited I was getting listeners from all over the world. But most of my listeners probably stumbled into my podcast by accident and ended up not wanting to listen continuously after all. But I was still excited, but I was nervous to tell my friends about my podcast because I thought it wasn't good enough. Second tip: don't be afraid to spread word about your podcast because you think your podcast isn't good enough. Also I was constantly deleting my recordings, even if I made the smallest mistake I'd delete my recording and try again. Sometimes after 30 minutes of recording I'd just delete it, and I'd spend hours trying to record a single podcast episode. Big mistake, third tip: it's ok to mess up a little while recording, I personally feel it adds some quirkiness to your podcast. 

    Later I actually deleted all my episodes and then changed my name and design, and try to redo my podcast somehow, I did this because when I started my podcast I didn't things through. So those are some tips on podcasting, and how I got started with podcasting in the first place. I hope you had fun reading. 

Tia

Comments

Popular Posts

Hey Everyone!

My Visit To A Park Near NYC!

Niagara falls update!

Welcome!